[ SHOWGSD-L ] Subject: Re: LAST HOPE THANK YOU

  • From: Shepland <shepland@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 21:59:42 -0400

With all due respect to the work that Last Hope Safe Haven is doing, my
concern is that this "challenge" to the Breed Clubs would hurt local
rescue groups such as ours, who have received support from our regional
club in the past (Iroquois German Shepherd Dog Club of Syracuse).  I
hope the "challenge" is to support rescue in general and not just one
group.  We have many of the same fund raising mechanisms in place (Good
Search, Coupons for Food, Purina Partner, etc.) and we'd like our local
groups to continue supporting our efforts.   Maybe "support for rescue"
should be a line item on the Club Challenge award!  If a Regional Club
supports German Shepherd Rescue Group with a monetary donation, they get
a certain number of points.

Tami Evans
German Shepherd Rescue of Central New York, Inc.
A Federal 501(C)(3) Non Profit Organization
www.gsrcny.org

/From/: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>/
To/: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>/
Date/: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:29:02 -0400Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] LAST
HOPE THANK YOU

Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc. (501c3) would like to thank the German Shepherd Dog
Club of Western PA for inviting us to set up a rescue table at their specialty
last week.  There are so many people to acknowledge for all their help -- first
to the Board of Directors and Show Secretary who helped make our job easy with
set up and still run a fantastic show with conformation, obedience and rally.
Last Hope held its Chinese Auction and thank you to everyone who bought tickets
or items we had for sale.  Since there were other breed dogs there for
obedience we made sure we had other breed items of interest which brought over
exhibitors with other breeds.  We raised $370.25 for a few short hours!!

Now on to some other special thank you's - to Melanie Fuellgraf and Kathy
Ingram who arranged and donated about 15 baskets, the White German Shepherd Dog
Club for a beautiful basket, and Club Member Arlene Henderson for the beautiful
German Shepherd basket she put together,  our Board Member Joe Maringo of
Southwestern PA Retriever Rescue who sold tickets all day for us and Joe Gorsic
for helping us put things away at the end when we were exhausted - LOL.

I would like to challenge other Breed Clubs to try this for rescue.  A Last
Hope member doesn't have to be there but we can send you things for your table
and you gather up some baskets or donations.  I will be glad to help anyone
that would like to do this.  Amy Greenhut is also good at this and I know would
help and advise on how she did it at the Detroit club show.

It is all for those GSDs that need us NOW!!  Regional Clubs working together
can help us save some of those less fortunate that find themselves unwanted.
Let us help you help Last Hope!!

Pat Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
Secretary, Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.