[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stud dog records...

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <CDRHVN@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:39:02 -0700

I think some are answering Brenda Piele's original question incorrectly.
YES...... we do have to keep exacting records on every litter that our bitches
produce
AND every bitch our stud dogs are bred to......BUT, I don't believe we have to
keep track
of the PUPPIES from that breeding from the bitch our stud was bred to
......UNLESS we
own or co own the bitch.   We do not have official access to that information
on where
 these pups were placed, limited AKC Reg., etc.
Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com
  From: CDRHVN@xxxxxxx
  Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:35:03 EDT
  Subject: Re: AKC inspections of 4-6 litters a year

  I was told by the inspecter that you also have to keep track of every bitch
  your stud bred and also the records of these pups. Does anyone know if this
  is
  true? Brenda Piele
    BRENDA.. ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!  AND THAT INCLUDES  ANY LITTER WHERE YOU
  EVEN CO-OWN THE SIRE OR THE DAM OF THE LITTER.
    YOU ARE REQUIRED , BY AKC ,TO KEEP TRACK OF EVERY SINGLE PUP FROM ANY
  LITTERS  WHERE YOU ARE THE OWNER OR CO-OWNER, BREEDER OR CO-BREEDER, AND YOU
ARE
  REQUIRED TO  HAVE THE CORRECT INFORMATION ON  TO WHOM  ANY PROGENY FROM SUCH
  LITTERS, WERE SOLD OUTRIGHT OR CO-OWNED, OR EUTHANIZED,  OR SOLD WITH
LIMITED
  REGISTRATION.. AND THAT BUYER'S INFORMATI0N:  NAME AND ADDRESS AND DATE SOLD
  ETC.
    THIS IS A VERY OLD REQUIREMENT BY THE AKC.. THEY CAN SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR,
  AT ANY TIME AND  REQUEST YOUR RECORDS...
    WE ALWAYS KEPT RECORDS OF ALL THE  PUPS FROM EACH AND EVERY BREEDING ..
    THAT IS ONE OF THE MAIN WAYS THE AKC KEEPS THE INTEGRITY OF THE AKC
  REGISTRATED CANINES IN THIS COUNTRY. IT IS PARAMOUNT TO MAINTAINING THE
ACCURACY AND
  INTEGRITY OF THE  AKC REGISTERED  CANINES. BARB WILLIAMS