[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stud contracts

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:38:32 EST

_Windwalkergsds@xxxxxxx (mailto:Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx)   writes:
Marci....you might tell him that it would be much cheaper and alot less
labor-intensive to buy a puppy instead of breeding a whole litter to just
keep one.
As a stud owner, you are also responsible for helping to bring  little lives
into the world.  Is the bitch he wants to breed a fine  example of the breed?

Is she OFA'd at both ends? How is her  temperament?  Does he have the time
and
facilities to whelp and  socialize an entire litter?  What does he plan to do
with all of the  puppies except the one he keeps?  Will he require limited
registration or spay/neuter on his puppy buyers or will he sell them to
anyone or
give them away?  Might they end up in rescue or the pound  or chained to a
tree
somewhere?
Lots of things to  think about.

Jamie

You are dead on on this one. You must reject a breeding that is not done
with the betterment of the breed in mind.  Just to have puppies is not  good
enough for me.  Call me naive, but I dont believe in breeding for the  hell of
breeding. HOWEVER...... be prepared to be blacklisted if the bitch you  turn
away
belongs to a so called prominent person in the breed.  I know, it  happened
to us.  Crazy bitch with all kind of health issues.....but she  could move.  I
said no way.  Hit their sh_t list for sure.  Oh  well, I wont apologize for
doing what I thought (and think) is right.

Sad but true.

Ileana