[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stud Dog German change into American type

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:27:05 -0800

I like Edie's explanations - I don't have a clue about German pedigrees, ( I
wouldn't know a Lasso from a lariat) but a good dog is a good dog is a good
dog regardless of it's country of origin. If a person does their research,
screens the dog as they typically would for any stud dog, selects their
breeding pair based on their standards , what difference does it all make?
Make your selections based on sidegait, earset, pigment, etc etc as you
normally would in your selections. If the goal is genuinely to produce the
best dogs, then taking the best from a variety of gene pools only makes
sense to me.
Regardless of the line, the country of origin.. we all think our own lines
are better than the next, so how does this discussion become any different?
JMHO
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com/future.htm Updated Sept 7./04!!!