[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stud Dog Fees

  • From: "terra fairburn" <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "show gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:13:50 -0500

It seems there use to be a thought that stud fees were based on a price of a
puppy.  HMMM...seems like there is huge difference now since in my area the
price of a puppy is slowly decreasing due to a supply and demand issue.  As the
middle class continues to pay more in taxes, gas, and housing, we don't have as
much disposable income either.  Some of these fees are too expensive for my
income.  Vet bills are sky-rocketing too and then when it is all said and done
you are lucky not to go in debt.  I use to want to break even but now...it is
just plain risky business.  Huge stud fees are just plain out of my league.
Glad to see Sandy and others making it affordable for us little guys.
Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.keggifair.com
"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding"
                                                 Leonardo da Vinci