[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stud Dog Fees

  • From: "robert dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:22:31 -0500

My dog's stud fee is only $550--why?  Yes, he is a champion with a wonderful
OFA and ROM pedigree.  His fee is rather low as I hear but he is not yet an
ROM sire--he has 1 champion and a couple near to finish, Fut and Mat winners
etc..  I believe he has about 6-7 ROM qualifiers.  Until a few more of his
pregeny finish his fee will remain the same.
I have been advised that some stud dog owners are asking a higher fee so
they only get the cream of the croup bitches--that is fine--we all do what
we feel is right.
I had a top stud dog once and it would have been a heck of a lot easier to
only accept the better bitches--when you get them out of the crate,you can
expect anything.  Several of the progeny of those so-so bitches gave my dog
his ROM.  Handling a top stud dog is a tuff job.  Sandi