[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stud Dog Fees

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:33:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/07 2:54:28 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Think about it, you (the dog owner) have to pray people can count and know
> when a bitch comes in, you may have to baby-sit said bitch for a week or so,
> you  have to hope she likes sex, airports, vet trips (testing, maybe AIs
> collections,  etc...), maybe late night fed-ex runs, phone calls, and if it
> doesn't
> work you  have to do it all again for free six months later with a smile on
> your  face....
>
> The dogs "work" for free...all the rest of it is relatively cheap
> when you
> consider the effort that goes into getting a litter on the ground.

SO well put!  i have charged stud fees according to what the market will
bear.  i have also given services away on the same dogs when someone brought a
super producing bitch but were short on cash.  i guess i feel that i have the
right to put a value on my own time and effort.  as far as paying stud fees is
concerned, if i want to breed to a particular dog then i know i will have to
pay
whatever fee the owner deems fit.  kathy is so right when she says that the
stud fee is the cheapest part of raising a litter.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

<BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Get a sneak peak of the
all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>