[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stud Dog Fees

  • From: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:21:34 -0500

I have borrowed several of the past Reviews and looked at the GSD magazine
on-line and what I find fascinating is that many do advertise the stud-fee.
In dals and many of the other breeds I am involved in, NOBODY advertises
stud-fees. My philosophy is if I want to breed to a stud dog bad enough,
then cost shouldn't matter.

I am not sure about doing pedigrees, but I do like sire/dam included.

Something else I noticed in the Reviews - nobody advertises health
clearances except maybe OFA... In dals we advertise all health clearances -
hips, eyes, hearts, thyroid, etc... We get a discount for advertising them
and now with the new CHIC program, we get a discount if the dog advertised
as a CHIC number... Somehow, it seems to me that the health clearances are
more important than the stud-fee.

JMHO... Back to work...

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)