[ SHOWGSD-L ] Strider's son Merlin & his Back to Back MAJORS

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:28:19 -0700

Well, in all my years in dogs, I think this is only the second time
that I have received back to back majors on one of my dogs.  We just
announced Strider's retirement and said it was time to concentrate on
the next generation however I didn't think it would happen this fast!

But this weekend Merlin did indeed "cast a spell" on specialty judges
Diane Silver-Strasser and Karen Hynek and was rewarded with a 3 point
major and a
4 point major from the 12-18 month class.  Merlin, also known as
Scherzar's Son Of A Witch, is a rich  black and red sable and is sired
by my Strider (Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,CD,RE,CHIC) out of Ch.
Scherzar's Cinnamon Twist.  The Saturday and Sunday shows were part of
a great circuit in Northern California called "Woofstock" where  some
handlers, judges & exhibitors dress in 60s hippy garb, tie dye etc.
and music from the 60s can be heard throughout the fairgrounds. It is
a great circuit and getting to be one of the largest in California.
The two clubs try to get GSD specialty judges and always give us a
good size ring.

My gratitude to Ms. Silver-Strasser and Ms. Hynek for being spellbound
by Merlin and rewarding him with these great wins.  Merlin is handled
by Art Sinclair but since Art had class winners in the older classes,
Debbie Hopkins took him in for winners both days and gaited him to the
major wins. Debbie is a "grey dog" person who is now one of our local
GSD handlers.  Thanks to both Art and Debbie for such an exciting
weekend and making Merlin look so good.

Merlin was bred by Janice Staley, Paul & Jennifer Root and is owned by
Janice and myself. His sister, Scherzar's Wicked, was SP Reserve
Futurity Bitch on Friday and has multiple major reserves and best
puppy wins.  My thanks to Janice for recognizing Strider's pedigree
and attributes and breeding her lovely Cinnamon Twist to him.

Both Merlin and Amber are trained, conditioned & groomed to perfection
and in residence with their other mom, Tracy Radigan.

I also have to thank Art, Tracy, Channing and Debbie for all the miles
they traveled this weekend as they drove the 8+ hours to Los Angeles
for the Futurity on Friday and then back 8+ hours Friday night  to
Northern California to show the dogs back up here on Saturday and
Sunday.  I am sure they will be getting some much needed rest.

  Me, I think I am too happy to  sleep!

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,CD,RE,CHIC
"Strider" 75 BOBs - #5 & #6 GSD 2009