[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Streaming video

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:50:50 -0700 (PDT)

From what I understand and have read, starting in 2010 they pretty much leave
it up to the Parent Club where the money is allocated.  In the 2006-2009
agreement, they specifically stated the Futurity/Maturity system.  Starting
with the 2010 agreement it could be extended but also stated the Parent Club
could use the money as they see best fit for the enhancement of the exhibitor
experience.  So that does give the Parent Club the responsibility of allocation.

I'm sure Tish could further explain how the new agreement is set up.

Chris
Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist
Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA

From: Chris S. Kimerer To: The List Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Perhaps this would be a GREAT place to let the Purina Funds help. After all,
does it not state for the
  "enhancement" of the exhibitor experience! I would certainly classify that
into that catagory.

  It would be really nice to see a breakdown where that money is truly
allocated. It is such a wonderful gift from Purina,
  but the members also help contribute by nominating their litters, sending in
weight circles etc. So it would be really
  nice for the membership to see how that money is put to good use FOR the
membership. The streaming video
  would be a wonderful opportunity for further enhancement and education of the
GSD.

  Chris
  Chris S. (Jolley) Kimerer
  www.tanbarkgsd.com

  From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  So please, if you can, do your part to help support the Club. If you can't
make it to the National and didn't
  support it with a trophy, sign up for streaming video. It all goes to support
the Club and its activities. The
  Club has bills to pay - judges expenses, trophies, ribbons, services itneeds,
etc., just like you do.

  And another request - offer a word of thanks to the people who are chairing
committees and/or offering
   their time and effort to this Club. Sometimes we're too quick to criticize
and forget to show our appreciation.
  Tish

  Tish,
  I agree with you in almost all counts. I am thankful to the club for all it
does for its members: I've
  gotten pins, certificates et al from our club. The best certificates I've
gotten aren't, like you may
  think, for champions I've owned or bred--I like the 13 Club certificates the
best. I just disagree with
   paying for streaming video--last year it was free. So, I will listen to
Evan's exciting account of the
  National on The List, as I've done for the past few years--the way he writes
makes it seem as if I
   were there, which I wish were true. Since retiring from teaching in June, my
income is
  two thirds of what it was--I have to cut corners too.

  Penny in NC
  www.landsendkennels.com

is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.