[ SHOWGSD-L ] Streaming Video questions

  • From: "Bill Burggraaf" <wjbj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsd list" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:28:36 -0500

Other members have had questions about the Live Streaming Video, I am not
qualified to cover all the technical area's of the capabilities of their
provider. However, I have contacted our  Live Streaming Video Company,
dvauction, and asked them to call Erika to answer her questions.
The practice run at the Kansas City Fut./Mat. & Saturday Specialty was
successful. As I understand viewing, go to GSDCA web site, click on Streaming
Video and that will bring you to the dvauction site to watch the National.

I will ask John Ayotte, GSDCA site mgr., to see if he also could answer some of
the questions and list the directions to watch the LIve Streaming Video. I do
not think it is necesary to "download" anything to watch it. It is live.

Bill Burggraaf
National Show Chairman

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Erika A. Buckley" <Tamaringsd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Online Video viewing help
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:16:33 -0700

My internet provider, Hughes net, limits the amount of video I can download
every 24 hours. (I hate their service......living in the boonies......not much
choice.)
A Hughes tech suggested I get a free 'download manager' to download video's
during 11:00 pm to 4:00 am, the allotted free time in my area. Then I can
upload them onto my computer without having to go online.
My question....which is the safest/best 'Download Manager' software program?
I don't want to miss out on viewing our 'National'. It's a bummer not being
able to attend.
At present I can't view much TV video, online. Tried viewing news on our recent
wildfire on the internet. In no time, my viewing was stopped. When I called
Hughes......"will have to wait 24 hrs....."
Help.....
Erika Buckley
Tamarin GSDs