[ SHOWGSD-L ] Streaming Video

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:56:41 -0700 (PDT)

I want to thank everyone who is working on that stream - I just found out that
Julie Degen, besides competing in herding and in agility, also stepped in and
was the 2nd announcer for the Agility stream. She had to finish her run and
then do the commentary. She was better than many of the pro announcers you hear
on the TV broadcasts. I do not know how she manages to do all the things she
does. I don't know her but she seems as versatile as a good GSD and seems to
have excellent temperament based on listing to her commentary.

The whole streaming program is a learning process and things get better every
year. The quality is a lot better this year. There is more coverage. And there
are archives so we can catch up on things we couldn't watch the first time
around.

It is reasonably priced for the chance to sit home and watch what is happening
in Topeka.If you have not purchased your streaming video - do so NOW. I know -
money is tight and $50 is a lot of money, but what a deal. I think it is well
worth the $20 for the archives as I plan on rewatching parts of the show a
number of times.  And I can tell you from last year's experience, you actually
pay more attention to the dogs as you are not busy people watching, talking to
friends, and all those other things that happen when you are there.

Next year I hope to be in Colorado but I might just have to buy the stream also
so I can check out the archives when I get home. besides, by them we might have
an HD stream!!! :-)

So thanks to all who are working so we can sit home and watch it.

Ruth

From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>