[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Strange year, odd seasons, misses....

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:00:54 -0700

We have worked closely with the I.C.S.B. people in our area and they said they
are
seeing a lot
of abnormal seasons this year and last year.....In ALL Breeds!!!    Bitches
that are
extremely
difficult to breed  physically, even with a pipette for an A.I.....split
seasons, no
progesterone
rise,  no full season, etc.    We laughingly call it the El Nino
year......maybe
nature is preventing
bitches from normal seasons because of the winter we have coming........<G>
I will say this though.....our OWN bitches have been right on, and completely
normal &
conceive!!
That being said.......remember.....not conceiving is a LOT DIFFERENT than
conceiving,
and not
carrying the litter to full term.   If you have bitches that appear to not be
conceiving or have, and
are losing the litters.........time for a myco plasma test or some of the strep
infections.    Also, the
bitches that HAVE been bred with no resulting litter should have her
progesterone
levels tested
during pregnancy to insure that her progesterone is staying normal and not
dropping.

Remember......if the stud owner does not request the myco plasma test.....then
how do
you know
what he was bred to before your bitch??   You may save money.........but
then....maybe
not.  <G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com