[ SHOWGSD-L ] Strange Occurances

  • From: DARLINBOO@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:52:40 EDT

HI All
     Just wanted to know if any of you are experiencing things similar to
those things that are going on at my house.  First, ole Reno (8year old) has
been
waking me up during the night when my sugar takes a dive.   He wakes me up
like he has to "go" really bad and I better HURRY UP!!!   Then as we head down
the hall to the kitchen to let him out, I will feel REALLY bad and realize my
sugar is way off.   When we get to the kitchen, he stops!   Does NOT want to go
out at all.   I check my sugar and it is really low so I drink part of a soft
drink to bring it back up quickly.  Recently, I didn't have any soft drinks
so I drank some of Hubby's sweet iced tea.   Sugar started back up so I went
back to bed and, in about 20 minutes, Reno is at it again!   I am ready to
strangle him but go back to the kitchen where he stops again.   I check my
sugar
and it is going back down.  Drink more of the tea and wait a little longer.
Sugar returns to normal and I go back to bed.   This has been going on for a
good while now.   Wonder how he knows my sugar is dropping???
     Secondly,  Hubby feeds for me in the morning - you know the saying "some
days I wake up grumpy, and some days I just let her sleep!!"   Well, thats
me!   Anyway,  lately on Sat and Sun mornings I have been feeding and letting
him sleep.  NOW, ole Reno is a real morning boy and is ready to eat early so he
has learned our new routine.   On Monday through Friday, he goes to hubby's
side of the bed and wakes him, and on Sat and Sun he comes to my side of the
bed
and wakes me!   HOW does he know what day it is????   We are both retired so
all our days start out pretty much the same.
     I should also add that Reno (CH Kettlebrook's Reno of Valco, CD, CGC,
HIC) is my HEART!!!   He is my dog.   If I am not at home and he is inside, he
is at the back door waiting for me.   If he is outside, he is on the top deck
facing the drive way waiting for me.
     I DO know that this is the MOST WONDERFUL breed of dog in the world.
Sorry this is so long I was just wondering.
Thanks
Sarah