[ SHOWGSD-L ] Strange Idea

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:40:24 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/05 9:05:31 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:
I am  thinking  seriously of NOT giving papers to pet people, explaining the
situation to them,  and giving them a slightly lower price with no  papers.
If a lot of us (of all
breeds) did this, the AKC would  suffer greatly.

People seem to like papers, and often brag to their friends that they have  a
"registered German shepherd."  Also, the AKC give those who register a
packet including how to raise a puppy. The AKC offers other services to people
encourage responsible dog raising and puts on shows that people seem to  enjoy.

What possible reason can we state to make the AKC suffer?  If you  don't like
what the AKC is doing, let them know. If you are sick and tired of  the AKC,
stop breeding dogs that you register with them, and stop attending  their
shows. None of us are being forced to enter dog shows.

The AKC is still the premier dog registration organization in the United
States. No one forces you to use them, but if you choose to do so, accept that
they make the rules, and work within to change what you don't like.

I do not agree with trying to make the AKC suffer. I do encourage working
hard to change those things to which you do not agree.  Have the  serenity to
accept those things you cannot change, the strength to change those  things you
can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Paul suggested that to me.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together