[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stop telling me what to do

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:34:58 -0700 (PDT)

Question?  Are we really getting the best judges or are we getting the judges
that we know the best?

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com

ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

> What I've thought would be that an effective Board member should not be
> allowed to be nominated, run by petition or judge the national while they
> sit on the board. Simply put - judging the National is a prestigious
> judging assignment. Lots of times getting it is due to name recognition
> provided to the membership, easily acquired for those who sit on the Board.

I still want to have the opportunity to select the best judge I can. If that
person happens to be sitting on the board, I still want that choice. This
is one more way to eliminate the best people we have. If someone does want to
judge our National, they should not run for the board. Now we have lost
another chance for our best person to represent us on the board.

Why not let those who want to vote, have the choice to vote who they want?
If you don't want to elect a sitting board member to judge our National,
don't. But, why is it that the rest of those speaking up, want to eliminate our
chance to vote for whom we want?

If you don't like a board member judging, just don't vote for him/her. But,
stop telling me what I have to do, or can't do. Elections should be for free
choice, not limited selections.

I don't tell you who you can't vote for, leave me alone and stop telling me
who I can't vote for. For some reason some people keep wanting to limit
the rights of others. I just don't understand that type of thinking.

Evan (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com