[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stolen show photos

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 4show <germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:27:09 -0700 (PDT)

I know we all want to seethe winners photos as soon as possible. But as
photographers, we want to take the time to make sure the photos look good
andwhen there are choicews between images, give the owner the choice of
whichphoto gets published. Our biggest goal is to make every dog look as
goodas possible without changing the dog through creative editing.

So the process is get the proofs available for the owners to see, then
createthe images for the Review (they get the full resolution images for
bestprinting) and then create the smaller web images. It is a methodical, if
somewhat time consuming process.

So a few days ago I sent all of the images to the Review and was just about
to send the images of the Mid Pacific Futurity winners to the GSDCA website
when I happened to check the results page. Imagine my surprize to discover
that someone had stolen and DISTORDED the images from the RightDog website
and placed them in the results.

I am shocked and dismayed -- not only because it is illegal, but because
nobody deserves to have a distorted image displayed. If it were your dog,
would you like to see it stretched out of proportion and have everyone
assumethat is what the dog looks like? How unfair is that?? Of all the
websites, how can the Parent Club site do something like this? Because they
can't wait for the process? What a sad state of affairs.

Ruth and Terry

www.RightDog.com[1]

now.[2]

--- Links ---