[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sticking my neck out -wondering which way we're HEADING

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:32:35 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2009 11:28:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
(  remember this when the drawings of our Illustrated Standard begin to
surface.  )    Every person or
artist has a preference or   'leanings'.....and some may "prefer"  a longer
dog,  or longer  neck,  or
shorter muzzle..or possibly even a shorter neck....but you  must always
consider the symmetrical 'norm'
for balance and beauty of form  which results in same for function.
You can see the

  And remember our lllustrated  Standard was drawn by Norri  Ordness,not
for beauty but from our written standard of a proper  generic GSD ,not from a
top winning dog  at that time. . Everyone  seems to want to change our
written standard to fit their type of dog ,being  presently shown. Do we change
our standard to fit what pleases the eye (  what style or type) or do we
breed dogs to  conform to our written and  Illustrated Standard  Helen Miller
Fisher
**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.