[ SHOWGSD-L ] Steri-Lon for whelping box liners

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:20:04 EDT

Several times a year the subject of whelping box liners comes up and every
time I say "Steri-Lon" and for a while the stuff sort of disappeared.
I've had a bunch of e-mail from frustrated folks....

Well, a friend said she'd found it on line and I googled  it the other  day
and IT"B BACK!!!!!  Not only that, I was able to find 60 inch x 30 FOOT
rolls!!!!!  Prior to that I'd only had  30 inch by 16 feet @ JB Pets  (which,
since my whelping box is 60 x 48 inches, meant I had to use 2-3 pieces  and
had a "seam", which is OK, but not perfect <G>.)

I found the larger rolls @ PetTreasures.com.  I ordered a roll May 6th  and
it was delivered on the 9th, and YIPPPEEE it's the same stuff I'd
originally  purchased over 5 years ago!!!!!

For those not familiar, it is WHITE, once washed it looks like synthetic
sheepskin and really wicks moisture away.  There is a rubberized backing  and
it is anti microbial and anti bacterial.  I remember reading it was
originally developed for nursing homes.  The moisture thing will really  blow
you
away...you will NOT believe how much moisture it holds until you remove  it
and feel the weight.

It IS expensive, but you won't ever have to replace it.  No matter how
much blood, discharge, etc, it comes up WHITE every single time.  The dogs
can't hurt it.  It is just so darned easy to throw it in the  washer/dryer and
not have to deal w/ old comforters and whatever else.   Plus, I need WHITE;
I'm afraid dark colored/patterned liners in a box will hide  a baby w/ loose
stools or an off color discharge from Mom. Carpet remnants w/  all of their
chemicals terrify me...and I change their "bed"at least daily,  sometimes
2x a day for a larger litter and/or when they are old enough to potty  on
their own, which I can't see doing w/ carpet.

So, for  those who were looking PetTreasures.com has the wide  width....and
me???  I spent the morning so far cutting up liners I think I  have a
lifetime supply <G>.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds
Steps!