[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stats and their interpretation

  • From: Kim McNamara <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:29:01 -0400

Thanks to Dania for being our unofficial weather girl and posting
stats about St. Louis, Denver and Salt Lake.  I repeated the info
below, because I want to make sure everybody sees them... especially
the part where there is an average of 3 to 4 inches of rain at the
site where some people are wanting us to have an outdoor show (!)

I love the National!  But I prefer that it be indoors.  Look at it
this way:  if you want some fresh air, you can always leave an arena
and go walk a dog, smell the flowers, host a tailgate party or
whatever.  But if you are stuck outdoors, you can't always find a
place to get a break from wind, rain, cold, etc.  Oh that reminds me -
precipitation is also the word they use for SNOW.  EEK!  (LOL)

Thanks,
Kim McNamara - Kimberlite

St. Louis, MO (Purina Farms)
DATE             Average
                    Hi   Lo     Mean
October 16:  69    48    58
October 20:  67    47    57
October 25:   64    45     55
October 30:   62    53    52
November 5:   59    41    50
November 10:  56    39    48

Average precipitation - October 2.76 - November 3.71
This is for Denver, CO.  It may be different for further north.

DATE            Average                         Record
                   Hi    Lo    Mean
October  15:   67    36    51
October  20:   64    34    49
October  25:   62    32    47
October  30:   59    30    45
November  5:   56    27    42
November  10:  53    25    39

Average precipitation - October:  0.99 - November:  0.98
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Salt Lake City, UT.
DATE     Average
                   Hi    Lo    Mean
October  15:    66    47    56
October  20:    63    45    51
October  25:    61    43    52
October  30:    58    41    50
November  5:   55    39    47
November  10:  52    37    45

Average precipitation - October:  1.69 - November:   1.65