[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Star Wars and German Shepherds

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Evan Ginsburg <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 19:08:21 -0500

I think the solid black male you meant, Flower Boy, was the half German
(sire was a German dog owned by Bill Leonard, dam was a CH UFO, CD
daughter) named CH Darby Dan's Audi, SCH 1. Boy oh boy, that was a
gorgeous black dog! This breeding was repeated at least twice that I know
of and we bought Ashes and Soot of Darby Dan, OFA (Audi's litter sister)
then later Darby Dan's Dojo, OFA. What a super coupling! Bill Leonard was
a hoot. I remember going to a specialty show that he attended too. He
couldn't believe the judging and he sat on one of the bleachers for about
an hour after the show ended, shaking his head, again and again. I will
NEVER forget that.

And American Pharoah? Sports Illustrated sucks for not giving him
Sportsman of the Year. No offense for the person who WAS picked, but AP
did something that no horse has been able to do in 37 years, win the Triple
Crown. AND he ended his career with a Breeder's Cup Classic win, breezing
by every other horse as if they were standing still. Phooey meatballs, as
my dead ex would have said.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Redacted sender ELG440 for DMARC <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A friend of ours, the people who got Waited So Long, (Wade) have the
contract to promote Santa Anita. They did a multi million dollar upgrade.

He showed me a video of the triple crown winner at the track. Evidently
this is an unusual race horse, he loves people. The crowd was standing back
to look at him, and his owner told them to crowd in. The horse loved it,
and was nuzzling everyone. I guess he is going to live now at Santa Anita
when he is done doing his thing in Kentucky.

I am going to go meet him as soon as I can.

If I knew how to spell American Pharaoh I would have used his name.

I may skip the Futurity, and go see Ed. Hell, there will be another
Futurity next year anyway.

Evan

In a message dated 12/18/2015 8:05:41 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Many many years ago and way before I had show dogs, I fell in love with a
black Champion male Sch1 , Darby Dan's Jedi Knight ( I think that was the
dogs name, bred by Dan Smith).. Never saw the dog in person, the New Star
Wars movie reminded me of that dog... Amazing how my mind works... On a
side note I just got my calendar of the KCBS California BBQ contest
schedule and saw that the Santa Anita Winner's Circle BBQ Championship, the
largest and best contest in CA, is April 1-2. My team, the Salt and Pepper
Pork Pullers had planned to compete in this contest for the first time! The
unique thing about this event is that the BBQ teams are cooking on the
Horse Race track on the infield while the horses are running real races on
the outside dirt track! We've heard from other teams what a great and
exciting event this is...... but several months ago I informed Frank
Martello's wife that my team would provide a free lunch for everyone
attending the Mid-pacific Futurity.... And yes you guessed it! It's the
same weekend!... So if you want some Great BBQ on April 2 you can go to
Santa Anita Race track, or you can go to the Mid Pacific Futurity! Pig
wings will be one of my menu items. Merry Christmas! FB

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App