[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Standard

  • From: Ecam2213@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, domara4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:05:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2005 3:33:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
Barbara, the standard isn't being changed....the Illustration of the Standard
is being worked on.   And I think to rush this Illustration just to present
it at the National this year is dead wrong.   If the previous Illustrated
standard lasted for 50 years, then think of the future 50 years if these
illustrations are not correct.
My question....Have there been changes to the standard in the past 50 years
that negates the previous illustration?   If so, what changes were they and
what part of the past illustration is not to the standard.   Just asking?

  I am confused.. is the wording with the new illustration EXACTLY the same
as it has been for past few years, or has some of the wording been changed?
Any change in wording could be considered change in the standard it would seem.
  That would have to be passed by the membership as AKC requires.

   If this project has been in the works for five years, give or take a
few,Why must it be rushed to a vote and into expensive printing within a couple
of
weeks?  If it is truly good, it can stand the test of time.. at least long
enough for the board to get feedback  from the members who elected them.  The
only reason to rush it thu would be to avoid what may be well deserved
criticism.

     Libby