[ SHOWGSD-L ] Standard

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightor@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:53:24 -0700

I have gone back to all my German Shepherd books especially Stepanitz and
found that after the verbal and illustrated stuff every book starting with
his and repeated in all of the others are sketches of what is not acceptable
in chests, fore legs, rears, tails, croups, paws, fronts,shoulder
angulation, and body proportions.
Sure this is pointing out the faults but on the other hand it
does give limits to their interpretation of the standard. Not a bad idea
since there will hardly ever be numerous "perfect" dogs. It also says to the
judge take a look and try to get as close to the standard as possible.
Hopefully some will listen.  I think our wise Helen Miller Fisher has it
right don't change just maybe give some wider meaning to the verbiage and
illustration by defining what is not "perfect" standard.. JMHO
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA
www.geocities.com/hightorgsd