[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Standard

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx, domara4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:26:32 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2005 6:29:40 PM Central Daylight Time, DPiagentin
writes:
Lee, your statement I do not agree with, the illustrations should depict the
Standard period, not what a GSD looks like today, or tomorrow.  JMHO,( that I
do not share very often,) but the Illustrated Standard is too important to
just let go.   Diane
It is all in the interpretation.  I can tell you when you compare ours to
others we sure don't come across looking very good. Also, you should hear the
remarks from judges and new people applying for the breed when they see what we
have to offer. It does not even come close to compare in education or quality
to what the other breeds are providing their new judges. Even if we were to
decide to keep the one as is we should still do a reprint, have color photos
and
put it in booklet form rather than just a couple of loose sheets.

Lee Brown