[ SHOWGSD-L ] Springfield Missouri passes BSL

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:46:55 EDT

CROSSPOSTED
http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060418/NEWS01/60418035
7

Despite heavy opposition at the last meeting-35 people speaking against the
ban and three Council members voting against the ban AND a dangerous Dog Task
Force working for a year and recommmending AGAINST a ban the city goes against
all logic and passes a ban anyway.

Mayor Tom Carlson "I want to communicate to people we're serious about the
issue. We're not going to waver," he said. "Vicious dogs and vicious pit bulls
will not be tolerated in this community. Period."

Within about six months - the time it'll take the city to set up new
procedures - all pit bull owners will be required to register their dogs with
the
city, for a $50 annual fee. Registration only comes for fixed dogs with proof
of
rabies shots and microchip identification. Only certified show dogs are exempt
from spaying and neutering requirements.
Meanwhile, all dogs with American Pit Bull Terrier, American Straffordshire
Terrier or Straffordshire Bull Terrier traits are to be "confined" while at
their homes - which must have warning signs posted at every entrance - and
either
caged or leashed and muzzled while in public.

Ginger Cleary
He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from
opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will
reach himself.  ~Thomas Paine
Rome, GA http://www.rihadin.com/