[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sports - team & individual --

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:48:59 GMT

The participants have a choice in hockey, as do the human =

participants in rodeos.  How silly to compare their aches, pains, and =

injuries to that of their forced combatants.

But, as I said earlier, and as the forthcoming posts attest, =

different strokes for different folks.  Some don't mind torturing =

animals, as long as they don't have to eat them and others don't mind =

eating animals as long as they don't have to torture them to death!!

We are a strange breed.  With a rationale for any darn thing we =

choose to do or not do!!

Propaganda lives!!

Paula, 88 days and counting

From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Sports - team & individual --
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:23:58 -0500

Listers,  I know all about rodeo stuff and also the so called "sport" =

of cock & dog fighting
I live in Louisiana where they're going back and forth =

about "possibly" making it illegal.
The dog fighting here had been horrible and just made illegal not too =

long ago.  I feel so
sad inside myself about that kind of stuff.  Do ya'll know there were =

far more "fighting"
pit bulls in New Orleans that folks didn't realize until Katrina?  =

Yep, bad stuff!  =

The animals are really Ok in the rodeo action. They are pitted =

against one human and =

more often than not that human is hurt far far worse than any bull, =

horse or calf.     =

Personally, the one sport I think is interesting with its "brutal =

self" is hockey.  Just think about it.
How often do you see or hear of hockey players being - arrested or =

what ever??  Not much as
I think it is a sport that IS quite brutal in and of itself.  Those =

folks don't need outside rough stuff.
The game itself is rough enough.  Ok, don't hit me I'll go ---     =

Norma no L