[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Specialty vs AB, perception

  • From: Tigra12@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 02:53:32 EDT

But...many do, don't they?  I mean, surely THAT'S not an illusion of so many
are pointing it out?  And lots of pictures I've been seeing lately of dogs
moving show that the rear foot coming forward is completely flat on the ground.

How is that correct?  The illustrated and written standard show a dog that
propels itself forward with it's toes/pads, not the entire hock.  I don't think
that shows powerful movement, just exaggerated, with a lack of thrust that's
hidden by a quick pace around the ring.  But this is my opinion.
 - Jackie

In a message dated 7/5/2005 1:20:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
dfritsche@xxxxxxxxx writes:
see, they walk on their hocks