[ SHOWGSD-L ] Speciality Shows

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:50:49 -0400

Hi All;
Many breeds hold their Specialities in conjunction with AB Shows. Last year my
Lab Club, including my husband and I went to look
at sites to hold a separate Speciality. They were looking for a hotel or motel
with grounds as many Lab folks come long ways.
Eveything we looked at was expensive or inadaqute, so I told them, why not just
come back and do it in conjunction with
my AB Club.

They get a ring and large tent in a separate part of the grounds, since the
entry is close to 200. All they have to do is set up the tables
for hospitality, education and the raffel, everything else is done by the
Superindent. My AB pays for the Judges as we hire Specility Judges that I can
use for other breeds on the day they are not doing Labs. The Lab Club gets so
much per dog entered and loves it. It helps my AB and it helps the Labs. This
year one of our members St. Bernard Club is holding their Speciality after our
BIS judging and doing Supported entry for the AB show. This is a win win for
both Clubs, as the rings and tents are up and we get more Siants at our shows.

What is also really nice is that Lab Club members and Saint members come the
day before and help to set up the grounds. This week
at Trenton, The Akita Club of America supported the entry and that is why they
had so many Akitas, compared to regular shows.

Just food for though for some Speciality Clubs.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.