[ SHOWGSD-L ] Special Request/OT

  • From: "l jones" <taragsds@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rashell/1 foster" <jrfoster@xxxxxxxxxx>, "pnogle" <pnogle@xxxxxxx>, "mary/hm stage" <marilee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Lina Bartel" <lina@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joe" <tjfremen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jackie Patterson" <jp9patt@xxxxxxxx>, "Harriet smith" <msmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:30:27 -0700

My granddaughter/niece (I raised her dad, my brother) was born
with Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), she is 14 yrs. old, and on
Monday will have a shunt implanted surgically so that she can
start dialysis, 3 times a week.  They are trying to improve her
health, so that later this month they will remove both of her
affected kidneys, then of course without the kidneys, she will
have to continue the dialysis.  My request, since I know you all
are caring, kind and wonderful people is that you send her well,
wishes.  Her dad, Michael is having a gathering today for her,
and I am unable to attend, due to work obligations, and a boss
who wouldn't give me the day off, since I'm over 200 miles away,
I just couldn't stop in.  Her name is Amanda Garrett, and to make
this dog related some, my GSD's have always treated her with
gentleness.  My Sadie (Sagecrest's Mammy of Tara CDX, rest her
sole) hyperdog of the century, would settle down and be ever so
gentle with Amanda when she was a baby.  It is amazing with our
GSD's how they do know the special ones.
Amanda's mailing address is:
13316 Bluestone Dr.
Lakeside, CA 92040
Here is her dads e-mail address, if you put Amanda Garrett as the
Subject, he'll know they are for her.
mike.garrett@xxxxxxx
Amanda would have loved to be a junior handler, but with her
diease, she can't not do anything athelic, it causes the diease
to progress at a faster rate.  Maybe if they find a donor, and
all works well with that, maybe in time she could?  So all well,
wishes and prayers will be greatly appreciated.
I know alot are at shows this weekend, but even if you send them
later, I'm sure they will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Linda Jones
Home of Tara German Shepherds, Golda, Rusti, Frazier & The Shadow
Waiting at the Bridge, gone, but never forgotten:
BISS, BIS CH Brier Hill's Splitting Image HT OFA H/E (Jul 93-May
04)
Stagecrests Mammy of Tara CDX OFA H/E ( Oct 92-Jun 02), Mojave's
Scarlet Ohara CDX (Jun 91-Oct 03)
Peaches (Aug 98-Oct 02), Reggie (Aug 98-Jan 04), Sox (Mar 73-Dec
88)