[ SHOWGSD-L ] Special Board Meeting Question

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:43:11 -0700 (PDT)

I Sent this tot he board a little while ago ---

  October 6, 2007

  The Board of the German Shepherd Dog Club of America

  With the ?solving? of the Canadian ballot problem, I was wondering if the
board had cancelled the Oct. 8th special board meeting?  I interpret the rules
for special meetings as being limited to stated agenda, which in this case in
the current election.

  What I wonder is how this meeting can possibly make any changes in the
current process when the deadline is only 3 days later? I know a conference
call is costly and I just wonder what can be accomplished that cannot be
handled in a more thoughtful manner at the meeting after the National. The
Canadian issue is certainly nothing new and, if it could not have been handled
in the time since the last election, what could possibly be done now? Besides,
I assume the Fed Ex solution was the best attempt to make sure the Canadian
members got their ballots.

  Since none of the ballots mailed to Canada arrived, the real issue with the
ballots, I would assume, is one of mailing procedures and postage, so that is
something that definitely needs fixing. But that is something that needs to be
addressed in a properly written contract with the vendor and not at a meeting
that cannot possibly come up with yet another quick fix in time to be valid.

  I appreciate the effort made to get those ballots to Canada. I do wonder if
there is any reason to have this Special Meeting of the Board at this very late
time.

  Respectfully,
  Terry Cochran

photos & more.