[ SHOWGSD-L ] Speaking of juniors and other things

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:37:52 EST

Every match that I have attended here in CO so far has amazed me.   The obed.
entries opened at 7:30 and going on my past experience, I figured getting in
line about 8 would get me home about noon at the latest. At #103, I made my
run through at about 2 p.m.!   And there were 30 or 40 dogs waiting to run
through after me! (Yeah, he did fine, but I need work LOL)
But, the conformation area was totally loaded, too.   Every breed had several
to many entries and the group rings were represented by most breeds.   After
attending matches in the past, where group rings had 4-6 breeds represented,
this was thrilling.

Watched Jr Show (One thing about getting in line later, time to see other
venues!!!!)   I lost count of the entries after a while.   So many youngsters
of
all ages.   And what a great job they did. And the people stayed to watch them
and applaud.

AFter the conformation rings emptied, volunteers put up the rally signs and
Dreamer and I did our first Rally run through in our lives.   O.K., the Novice
IS super easy.   But I was watching the Advanced and excellent run throughs
and they aren't a piece of cake.   But the fun part was people having fun and
trying a new performance sport.

The new part of this after so many years of outdoor rings, was just a lot of
difference in indoor matches/shows.   Moving your dog around the crowded
areas, dogs stepping over other dogs, just to get to a new place.   Noise level
higher. A whole new experience, but thank goodness, my guys have handled it
great
from the beginning.   I love GSDs

Stormy
www.FairhopeGSD.com