[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Speaking of GSDs

  • From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:24:28 +0000 (UTC)

As I recall, there was a tie to that much red and some health realted
deficiencies, IBD or something of that nature, anyone out there that can confirm

From: Donna Fefee To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010
8:35 AMSubject: Speaking of GSDs

I found some pictures of the Sieger VA 1, Ober von Bad-Boll, on
pedigreedatabase.com:
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/pedigree/482525.html
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/picturegallery/12316.html

To my relatively "newbie eyes," those movement shots are at least in
SOME respects, nicer than many I've seen published in the Review,
although perhaps in one of them he might be kicking up some behind?  I
think he's got a masculine head.  His length to height proportions are
about 8.9 to 10, so he is somewhat too "square" according to the AKC
standard.  The biggest problem for me is that I do not like his topline.
  In fact I'm disappointed.  I thought I'd heard they were making
improvements in that area.

I'm not bashing (or promoting)--just trying to perhaps open a line of
discussion from which I can LEARN something.  Anyone care to educate me?
  [Particularly if you've seen him in person.]  Off list is
fine--preferable, in fact, if you plan to call me an idiot.

Donna Fefee

.