[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Spay/neuter bill

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 07:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

I get the same thing.  After 40 years of saying spay and neuter, I still find
people who "want a baby from my baby" or "I don't want to take my boy's manhood
away" or a meriad of other reasons that have no bearing on reality.

  Then there is the pharoah hound puppy.  She is only 9 weeks, and I don't
really know the breed, but she appears to be quite nice.  She may not be
spayed.  Hard to say.  I want some people who know the breed to see her.  I may
show her myself.  And she is so much smarter and willing to learn than I had
expected....................

  I tell all my clients that unless it is a show dog, no reproduction or
reproductive parts are needed.
  sheila
Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  To me the thing that is always a surprise is the fact that all of us
have been preaching about spaying and neutering for years and years but
nobody listens. I get many callers who ask me if it is harmful to alter
their dog/bitch, and always have got these calls for the last fifty
years, or so. One would think nobody was able to read or hear.

As usual the bill on the table in Sacramento will punish the wrong
people. Any veterinarian that is in favor of this legislation is
crazy. In a few years, they won't have any dogs to care for, and dogs
are a BIG portion of their income. Let us all hope it doesn't pass. It
will be an example to other states if it does. Doris E

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.