[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Spaying

  • From: Terry Cochran <terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx" <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:30:30 -0700

Margo is my senior girl here. I spayed her at 10 and she is doing fine. I have
cut her food way back to keep her weight down. A cup of call of the wild with
either raw or something wonderful I have cooked. She also does the dishes after
we eat. I know table scrapes are a no, no but she is 14.5 and still going
strong. If you are interested in her pedigree she goes back to Ken Delaine's
Master Charge through Fly'n Jib Bodega and her mother was an All German Female
I got from Ann Mesdag.

A little history,
Kennel burnt and all dogs lost in 1995. The only dog that made it out was Izzy
who was about 6 months at the time. Jack Newton told me of a bitch that was
available who was 2-2 Up an Adam Female about 4 years old that was proven but
never really had a full litter. Ruth was training Fly'n Jib Bodega. We bred Zsa
Zsa v Keeps to jib that produced BIS Fairway's Tee Time Bodega and 4 other
really nice littermates including Fairway's in the Ruff.

Izzy was all German lines and when she was old enough we bred her to Jib and
later to a jib son Ruff.  Ruff lived to be 13 Izzy was in her 14th year and
most of her offspring lived past 10 or 12.
As far as I know Margo is the last of Te Izzy kids.

I have fed everything from cheap food to the best raw diet money could buy. I
do give puppy shots and one booster and that is about it. Rabbis every 3 years
until they are 7 then nothing. No more shots at all. The dogs go with me and
are never kenneled away from me. they do have kennels here and i use them when
i go to town for there protection. They are great travelers. If I go on a
vacation I fly in a friend who I trust with my dogs or Ruth takes care of them.
 I don't use flea control and I have snake trained them. They all have manners
and stay loose in the house at night. I train to voice whistle and hand because
as they get older hearing just isn't was it use to be.

Did I spend hours reading over pedigrees before I did the Izzy Jib breeding
nope. I just got lucky.
I bred izzy to Jib because from my German side I managed to get round bone and
a weak head piece. Jib , all american, corrected those things. Izzy put the
temperament on them that I love to live with. Strong and pushy;0)
Terry

Sent from my iPad