[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Spay/Neuter Contracts -- Was: trash-bitches & puppies

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:34:01 -0500

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:03:56 EST, Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx wrote:=20

>If your plan is to spay or neuter after puberty, have that specified
>in the contract.  If you expect someone to trust your word,  why
>wouldn't you be willing to put your promise in writing?

I never said I wouldn't. What I *said* was that I had no
problems with neuter contracts for John and Jane Q. Public,
which I am not. I also said I wouldn't buy a dog where the
breeder REQURED me (by contract) to do things like neuter or
show to completion of a championship. I'm not even sure those
things are enforceable in a court of law. If you are so hot to
have a pet puppy spayed, then you can spay it yourself before
you place it. Or... You can do what my girl's breeder did,
which is sell on Limited Registration, educate the buyer on
the benefits of spay/neuter and strongly *suggest* that the
puppy be neutered. Ultimately though, it's my dog and my
choice when and/or if I will do so. I've got absolutely no
problems with someone who can't or won't live with that. As
someone said, it's their puppy and they will sell how and to
whomever they see fit. So far as I know, it's still a free
country and that is still an individual breeder's right.

This is a topic that's going nowhere as people obviously have
strong opinions one way or the other. So I guess it's one of
those things where we'll all have to agree to disagree.  ;)

KMC