[ SHOWGSD-L ] Spay/Neuter Contracts -- Was: trash-bitches & puppies

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:21:46 -0500

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:10:16 -0600, Mary Tripp
<mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:=20

>TAKE BACK/BUY BACK, LIMITED REGISTRATION/SPAY
>NEUTER ALL SHOULD BE PART OF EVERY PUPPY SALE.
I'm okay with the above for most average John or Jane Q.'s who
are buying a family pet. However, for a dog savvy person such
as myself and others who don't want to show in conformation
but do like to do dog sports, I don't think neuter contracts
should be shoved down their throats as part of the deal. I,
myself, am a very responsible person. I would not buy a dog
where the contract REQUIRED me to neuter my dog. I'm not going
to breed. If I give my word to my breeder and the breeder
doesn't trust me or believe me, well... then that's not the
beginning of a beautiful friendship in my book. There has to
be some trust involved, and it has to be on BOTH sides.

I bought my recent bitch on Limited Registration with the full
knowledge of her breeder that I'm involved in AWSA and that I
have had White Shepherds and may have one again in the future.
I also made it clear and gave my word that I do not intend to
breed my girl; that, if I did, I would NEVER do so without the
express permission and knowledge of my breeder and then, NOT
to a white GSD (or White Shepherd). My breeder believed me and
trusts me. In return, I take that trust *VERY* seriously!

I will likely spay Rena eventually, after she's had a season
or two and is fully mature. But had my breeder been rigid
and/or pressed the issue that she MUST be spayed within
x-number of months or whatever, that would most likely have
been a deal breaker and I'd have walked away.

Just some food for thought...

Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!!!   ;)