[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Spay or not.

  • From: Mary-Anne <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:52:12 -0500

Hey Paula
I don’t doubt you were confused ...km is the short form for kilometer (our
version of miles per hour)...it should have said kg, the short form for
kilogram.  My math has always been terrible.  I grew up just when the change
from standard to metric occurred so I’m a little of both.  While driving, I
automatically convert kph (kilometers per hour) to miles per hour as most of
my vehicles were built before 77 and still have the mph.  All of my
measuring tapes are in inches, feet and yards and it is a pain when tracking
to convert yards to meters (add 3”).  I buy thermometers when I visit the
States so that I know how cold or warm it is outside.  30C just doesn’t feel
as warm as 86F!!! However, my vets weight scale is in kg so I’ve had to
‘adapt’ to that for the dogs...a kg is 2.2 pounds so the male was 83.8
pounds and the female was 61.7 pounds.  My personal scale is still in pounds
and unfortunately the number that it shows when I stand on it is outrageous
so I’m assuming that it is wrong – there is no way that ‘little ole me’
could be that weight!!!
Mary-Anne
#1 GSD in Michigan, 2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC GCH Stats), 2011
Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee, Lifetime AKC Eukanuba Invitee. 2
Time Cruft's Invitee.