[ SHOWGSD-L ] Southwest Futurity- Thank You

  • From: Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:23:30 +0000 (UTC)

  Got back late last night from judging the Southwest Futurity/Maturity. My
first such Assignment and it was a blast. Firstly, thank you so much to the
GSDC of Austin for inviting me, the pleasure was all mine. You did a great job
and thanks to the club members, stewards and futurity co-chair for your support
and help. It was an honor and I hope that I met your expectations by being
committed to giving every dog and every exhibitor a thorough and honest
evaluation of their dog... according to the standard. I knew I took a long
time, but I was committed so see my procedure thru from the first dog to the
last, so I really appreciate the patience of the exhibitors and the handlers.
In addition, I wanted to thank the handlers and exhibitors for helping me to
evaluate their dogs by showing the dogs on a loose lead at a moderate speed.
You all did a wonderful job and it made my job that much easier. I had no
expectations about the size and quality of this entry as I had never been to
this part of the country. I was so pleased to have some really good quality in
the classes, some of which were so competitive that it gave me more gray hairs
then I already have, one of the few good reasons to have gray hair. My winners
and reserve winners were some outstanding animals and I will be proud for them
to represent the SW Futurity/Maturity. Good luck to all in the future. Best,
Bill