[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Southern Dogs

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:39:04 -0800 (PST)

Some people give their dogs a longer "night" and in A/C so they will keep more
coat.  It seems to help some.  I keep my dogs in the house with as much play
outside as I have time to supervise.  So far the pups are in decent condition
and all keep coat and shed like we are in Maryland still.

  Others who just keep their dogs out all the time with little or no effort
made to keep them in coat have noticably thinner coats, but still respectible.
I would not take an outside dog to WI right now, it would be too obvious, but
during the spring and summer, our dogs can compete anywhere.
  sheila, in Miami, sweeping a lot.
almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  I don't have much problems with coats except of course when they blow like
everyone else.
My husband built me a new kennel covered of course............and we put 10
industrial ceiling fans in..................when you walk under those things
you definitely cool off.
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com