[ SHOWGSD-L ] Southern Belles & Southern Gentlemen

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:10:16 -0500

Hi my friends from the south.  I have some questions for you please.
Right now I live in New York.  I don't want to live in the cold weather
anymore.  I'm tired of snow and ice storms.   I've lived in both Florida
and Georgia in my lifetime.  While in Florida it was Melbourne Beach and
Tampa when I was a child and a teenager.  Several years ago, I lived in
Roswell, Georgia, not too far away from Atlanta.  I just visited Florida
twice in November because I have a sister who lives there.  I will be
looking to move probably within the year.  I'd like to be nearer my
sister who lives in the Orlando area, but I'm not sure that Florida is
where I want to be.  I have to say, I'm crazy about Georgia.  It's a
great state.  Friendly people, lots of things to do and see, lots of
culture, change of season in the Georgia mountains, lots of dog folks,
and did I say friendly people?!  Florida, of course has lots to do and
see also.  Could some of you southern people tell me about Florida's dog
people, it's dog clubs, and shows?  I know there's no personal income
tax in Florida and housing is more affordable.  I hate the extreme heat
and humidity however, in either state.  I CAN'T STAND FLORIDA'S HUGH
BUGS ESPECIALLY THE SPIDERS THE SIZE OF YOUR HAND.   Eeeeek!!  The four
hurricanes that my sister got hit with this past year is not enticing me
either.  Can someone who lives in Florida tell me "whats so good about
living there, especially if you are a dog person?"  I'm looking for
someone to help convince me that this is the right move to make.
(Besides the fact, that I want to be closer to my sister).  How is this
extreme weather on the dogs?  How is the flea situation there?  How hard
is it to keep good coats on them?  Any advice and information you could
give me would be appreciated.  Best wishes,  Barbara Galasso