[ SHOWGSD-L ] South LA "shelter"

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:23:08 -0700 (PDT)

I missed some of my emails this morning...among them was an urgent request to
rescue a 9 year old GSD in the South Los Angeles facility. He was listed along
with a very sad looking miniature poodle, and a blonde terrier who was
obviously horrified with her situation. I called the hellhole and asked what
the disposition was of the German Shepherd. "That animal is not here anymore"
was the reply. When I pushed further to ask if he had been RESCUED or if they
had even bothered to CALL rescue, she said "I have no idea. Thank you" and hung
up. I am just sick over this. I feel like somehow I let him down. I never even
got to post him as available. Please, everyone...take a few minutes when you
are at your computer and check out the Petfinder site...so many dogs are listed
there that are NEVER SEEN...Many of these "shelters" do not bother to call
rescue; the Hartford Ct. shelter only gives dogs 7 days to find forever homes,
then they are euthanized. SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!....in the
 southern facilities, owner surrenders are given THREE DAYS...I guess thats
because they dont have to wait to see if they belong to anyone.
Sadly, Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas