[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sonoma County Fair Brags.....Non Doggy

  • From: Schattengsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:19:57 EDT

As the 2007 Sonoma County Fair is in its final week we are coming home with
BIG BRAGS.  My son, Charles age 17,  had five head of cattle entered  in
junior week.  With his home bred Shorthorn, Tugger, he won his Class and  was
Champion Shorthorn in the 4-H Division.  Then competed in the  Championship
Drive
and won RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION.

The Sonoma County Fair is one of the biggest Fairs in California with this
years total of 95 steers in both the 4-H and FFA Divisions.  Coming  home with
a ribbon is special but winning a Championship and Reserve Grand  Champion is
VERY BIG and especially because he was home bred.  This win put  him in the
4th spot in the auction as they alternated FFA and 4-H winners.   The judge was
from Arizona and said that he would take him home in a  second.  Said he was
the Best Shorthorn that he had seen in a long  time.

He also showed Tugger in the County Bred class (ie like our Bred By
Exhibitor Class) and won 2nd of over 25 in the class and won $200.00. He also
had a
Cross Bred Steer that placed 5th in his large class; 2nd with his 3 month  old
Chi-Maine Heifer, 1st with his Cow/Calf and a 1st with his Simmental  Heifer.

It has been a very full week and very rewarding.  I'm one very  Happy, Proud
MOM.  Just wanted to share.....:)

Lois Gregor
Schatten Shepherds
Sonoma, Ca.