[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sometimes it isn't about been popular, but about doing the right thing.

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 04:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

No one could argue that your actions in your scenario were the right thing to
do.  It was clearly a black and white situation.  Given other scenarios, what
is right and wrong is not always so obvious.  We often use our intuition and
what information we have to make decisions.  That information is often tainted
by the agendas of other people.  Take da list, for example; I have quietly sat
here for days reading post after post where people are blaming everyone for
everything.  Accusations are flying and, to be honest, I have always found that
the old adage; "where there is smoke there is fire", is often true.  What you
may not know is just exactly how big the fire is.  What we initially perceive
as an entire forest burning down can turn out to be the head of a match.
Cynthia
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:

I was at home one day, just minding my own business, when my neighbor came
barging thru my front door.

She was being attacked, severely, by her husband.

I had to make a decision, do I turn my back, or do I get involved? I made t
he decision to get involve, at my own risk, knowing this woman and her
daughter needed protection. I would do that again in a heart beat.

I firmly believe that when you see something wrong, and do NOTHING to
rectify that, your lack of action reinforces and enables the bad actions.

So you need to decide, do you do NOTHING and let it happen, or do you get
involve and try to fix it?

I'll give you rescue as an example. Sometimes you just have to do the right
thing. Not necessarily the popular thing.

No need to reply.

Ileana

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.