[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sometimes "Thank you" goes a long way

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:50:11 -0700

We appreciate your efforts to solve some of the minor issues Carol
Obviously it is not something that will please everyone.....but for those of us
that did
use the double entry and will occasionally need it.... I think we will
appreciate your efforts
to tweak it a little to make it more efficient for those handling the paperwork
and to keep it.
We had several judge changes this year.....so it helped some.
Of course there will be several entries missing in every Futurity for those
dogs that WERE
shown in the other Futurity they entered............but we have a lot of absent
or no shows at
every Futurity no matter what.     To throw this new plan out for that reason
would seem
pointless and certainly won't solve the problem of absentees anyway.
Again.....those of us that did utilize the second choices........we appreciated
the new format
being available......and some clubs will benefit from the double entries
whether the dogs do
show up at their Futurity or another Futurity.
If it helps the Clubs......and the exhibitors with another choice.......it
surely can't hurt!! <G>
Thanks for your diligence!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sometimes "Thank you" goes a long way

  Just so that everyone is aware.

  The board had approved the idea of double entries (under the two year  rule),
and right after
   I took over, I was charged with figuring out how to do  it.

  Yes, it was confusing getting the entries out to the correct place.   But I
have completely
  re designed the entry form for next year>  You  will see  that the Very first
line at the top is for
   REGION ENTERED. I think that will ease the confusion considerably.

  I think next year will run much more smothly.

  Since we have also done away with Rau,( to save each local club as much as
  $900 super's fees,) we are still in a learning process there also.  We try
  to find our mistakes and err in favor of the exhibitor.  We are ready to
  take any recommendations, but prefer it be privately.

  Send me E-mails at any time at _Scharo777@xxxxxxxx
  (mailto:Scharo777@xxxxxxx)  or call the home at  830-980-4260

  I thank everyone for their patience and for caring.

  Carol Moore
  permission to cross post.

  In a message dated 7/5/2011 12:30:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
  tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

  I  don't think this was an isolated case, I know of at least 1 dog/owner that
this happened
  to at the Midwest Futurity/Maturity also.  They were  also able to verify the
entry had been
  done properly submitted but the  paperwork had not gotten to the show
secretary, so the
  dog was able to be  shown.

  This does bring up an interesting point, is this new system  worth keeping
and how can it be
  made easier and more correct to prevent  frustration such as voiced in this
post.

  At first I thought  it was cool to be able to enter 2 Futurity/Maturity's,
now, after seeing how
  it actually worked, I'm not entirely sold on it.    For one,  it really scues
the #'s, that is of course
  a small issue.  The bigger  issue is the procedure for the paperwork.

  The paperwork has to be  astronomical, having been a show secretary for our
local club and
  the entry  #'s a futurity brings with it, I can not imagine the job of  the
superintendent having to
  disburse this to multiple  show secretaries.  Obviously, this did not go
smoothly, and I'm sure
  better dual control will be implemented if this system stays in  place.

  Now I am NOT saying this is bad and we should  discontinue entry in 2
seperate regions, I'm j
  ust throwing out some issues  that arose and as in all new programs,
   it takes time to implement new  procedures.

  Just putting it out there.

  Chris

  Chris S.  (Jolley)  Kimerer
  www.tanbarkgsd.com

  From: Jackie  Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>

  >Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Sometimes "Thank you" goes a long  way
  >
  >This year was my first time participating in the Fut/Mat,  and, though it as
>exceedingly
  frustrating in some respects, there are  some thank yous I wanted>to extend,
even though I know
  not all are on  the list.
  >My bitch was entered in both the amateur futurity in  Pennsylvania, and the
>regular futurity in
  Ohio (which was this past  weekend).

  >When I got my confirmation for my entries way back at  the beginning of the
>year, I noticed
  Mirada was not correctly noted in  the right classes, and so >I got in
contact with Carol Moore,
  who saw  where the mistake was, and that >yes, I was entered in the amateur
in  PA, and the
   regular in OH.  And thus it >was corrected.  Or so  I thought, lol.

  >When I arrived in Pennsylvania for the amateur,  I discovered that my bitch
>had been entered
   in the catalog (and thus,  the show) incorrectly.  She was >in the catalog
as being in the  regular
   futurity there.  Thanks to Dean Wylie >and the lovely  ladies at the show,
my entry was fixed on
  the spot, and >Mirada was  shown in the amateur with no further trouble.

  >Fast forward to  last weekend....I left my house in PA and drove about 4
>hours to the
    Great Lakes futurity....to discover that my bitch wasn't in the >catalog
at all!  Peg Phillips had
  never received Mirada's entry.

  >I  was extremely upset (though not at Peg, it wasn't her fault), and
after>calming down a little,
  I asked if there was ANYTHING that could  be done.

  >Peg called Carol, and Carol talked to me (again, that  wonderful lady), and
>she remembered
  the whole mishap in Pennsylvania,  and bless her heart, gave>me permission to
show Mogwai
  in her  class.>
  >Peg handed me an entry form, I filled it out, and she,  and the ladies
>running the table, got her
  manually entered into the  catalog.>
  >We did not go away with wood, and I couldn't have  cared less.  It was made
>right, and we got to
  show.>

  >All the double entries, and the entries of amateur in one  state, and
regular >in another got to be
   very very confusing, and I will  admit it was very >frustrating and
upsetting for me, KNOWING that
   I had  entered my girl >correctly (and being told so...because I asked!),
and  having it not turn
  out >that way when I arrived at the  show.

  >But THANK YOU to Peg Phillips, Dean Wylie, and Carol  Moore, who got
my>entries straightened
  out.  And THANK YOU for  working so hard to do your best  >and put on great
shows!
   THANK YOU  for all your hard work this year!