[ SHOWGSD-L ] Something you don't think about

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:07:15 -0800

When I moved to Seattle, I figured it would be cold, and I would put on more
clothes, and I would be fine. :)
Yesterday it was pretty cold (30s - remember, I'm from Texas) and I was
bundled up in coat, hat, gloves, and layers. My co-workers were laughing at
me - some of them weren't even wearing coats, or very light ones, and one
guy was wearing a kilt! (Okay okay, I work at Microsoft, software developers
are creative!)
The second thing I didn't bank on is altitude. Not so much in Kirkland, but
my temporary housing was up the mountain, and I couldn't figure out why I
felt so tired.
People tell me my blood will thin and I will be fine. Right now I am
freezing my butt off! (A good thing!) :)
So I'm thinking dogs are probably the same. It take awhile to grow that
extra coat, and I would imagine moving from one climate to the other might
initially be uncomfortable for them.
Cyndy