[ SHOWGSD-L ] Something to get your blood boiling.... or not

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:57:18 -0500
On 23 Dec 2011, at 14:46, Karen M. Carloni wrote:

Someone ought to tell the creator of this video that, the
reason our "show" dogs have ***all that coat*** today, is
because our modern fanciers pay more attention to coat
care than they did back in the days when people actually
depended upon dogs to supply daily food for their tables.
One cannot "create" coat that isn't already provided for
in the dogs' genes! I can assure you all that our
modern-day show setters (yep... even Irish!), cockers
(both types), hounds (yep... even the low-riders) or
whatever can and DO still hunt! If you brought those
longcoated show dogs out into the field a few times
without proper attention to their coats, they would be
every bit as naked as the dogs in those old pictures!
Would THAT make this person feel better??
--

<REPLY>

You cannot tell this person anything - they already feel better maligning all
dog breeders

We should be thankful for small favours that he used a GERMAN DOG and not an
America dog
to say they have HD <VBG>.  However, the old time GSD stacked just like the
modern day
ones. Interesting.

And of course, the Collie changed when Lassie was popular, and nobody bought a
collie that did
not look like lassie

And After World War II, the shar-pei was almost extinct, and in 1973 were oheof
the world's
rarest breeds - they are wrinkled as youngsters in the Asian variety and have
less wrinkles as an
adult