[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Something that definitely should be considered inreg

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:19:52 -0400 (EDT)

Penny I posted a section of e-mail that was sent to the board a committee
chairs the other day.  Actually I received it on May 4th.  I was
disappointed this info (dogs testing positive at necropsy) hadn't gone to  the
whole
membership as soon as it became available.  I mean, we have  people testing
and making breeding decisions based on the test recognized by the  OFA and IF
the test isn't settled science yet, should that info be shared
IMMEDIATELY?????

Here it is again:

> I have talked to Dr. Hansen and she has informed me 2 GSD's that were  DM
DNA tested as carriers came back with confirmed DM upon necropsy.>

So, no results have been mentioned on Coates web site, in relation to her
DM DNA Test as far as the carriers or clear GSDS developing DM. That is info
 that should be available to the public, especially in the light of the
tremendous disparity between the diagnostic test results of DM of the GSD and
DM  of the Corgi/Boxer, mentioned at the end of my email to the officers and
board  members of the GSDCA. The test results couldn't be more opposite-
they are just  poles apart. Doesn't anyone in the GSDCA know about DM????"

+++++++++++++++++++++

Also Tami (I think Tami, if not I apologize) posted a link for a petition
and if you click on it and read the blog posts, individuals have included
their  e-mails and there is more info there.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 5/24/2012 10:04:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have  tested and will continue to test ALL my dogs for DM.  The test
is a breeding tool.  Kathy, you say dogs that shouldn't have come  down
with DM, HAVE.  Who are these dogs?  I, for one,  would certainly like
to know.  Sharing information is also a  breeding tool.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog