[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Something that definitely should be considered inreg

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:39:16 -0400 (EDT)

We include the information explaing the test, what the results can be, what
they mean, etc. in our puppy packets.  We also have links on our website.
We also tell puppy buyers that the test is one of the newer tests available to
breeders and it is all we have at the moment.  It is the best we can do.   We
tell our puppy buyers that the test may or may not pan out in the end but we
are trying to do our part in preventing DM from ruining our breed.

Look at it from another viewpoint -  if you don;t use the test, and your line
ends up palqued with DM, won;t you feel bad that there was a tool to help wipe
out DM but you ignored it because the test was new, possibly not accurate, etc?
  Wouldn't you rather be part of the group who helped prove the test is right
or wrong?  Perhaps, making a better test for future generations?

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd