[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Something I find interesting

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxhavengs@xxxxxxx>, <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:35:45 -0400

Denise,
You have such a positive attitude about the whole thing.  One can only do
what one can do and then move on with a plan for the future.

From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:21:39
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Something I find interesting

Most breeds I am involved in, people mostly talk about how excited they are
about the National, look forward to seeing such and such a dog, talk about
what the judges will use, etc... The people in this breed amaze me! I have
never seen so much complaining about various things and the National isn't
even here yet. Then we get to hear for two weeks after how awful the
showsite was, etc...

If I were going to the National this year (and I am not because my doggy
dollars only go so far and I have shot my wad for the year), I would be
giving second thought about it right now.. I love Nationals, whether it is
the Dal National, the Flat Coat National (my other breed) or maybe next year
GSDs - but all this negativity is making me sick. It really takes the fun
out of it when you listen to all this stuff.

As I told someone - the National is the National - I don't care about the
size, the shape or the color.. It is still THE GSD show of the year. And
everyone is looking for excuses for the entry. Has anyone considered that
there might be fewer GSD litters, few GSDs to show, and people are maybe
being fussier about what they show at the National instead of dragging
everything in the kennel?

Personally, I am far more interested in who is going and what dogs are
going..

JMHO!

Jessica MacMillan
No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.

02:34:00