[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some like it HOT

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:38:59 -0700

That brings up some of the funniest stories about evap coolers (NOT
saying that's what you did! I'm sure you knew about evap coolers).
When I first moved to the San Fernando Valley (1968!!!),I complained
to the landlord that I turned on the Cooler and it was getting HOTTER
not cooler.  He gently asked if I had any windows open.  "OF COURSE
NOT!  But it still isn't working!"  Then he gently suggested that the
evap cooler works with windows OPEN.  HUH???  So ever after that, as I
became the landlord, I would "gently" ask if they had any windows
open, and educate them about Swamp (evap) coolers.

But they don't work with high humidity.  (Heat/humidity calculator on
NOAA)

Storm